Summer Anime Season!

Monday, June 29, 2015
It is getting that time again, the spring anime season is wrapping up and the new summer season is descending upon us. Add in the looming Anime Expo and San Diego Comic-Con and all the news that we are going to be getting and things start to get a lot crazier and completely glorious for fandom.

Clearly there is a lot going on, and will be happening very shortly. And post about them will come in time. But for now I want to talk about the upcoming summer anime season, and am I excited. Probably am jumping the gun as a manor of speaking seeing as I still want to do some posts about some of the series I have been following in the spring season, but with new announcements popping up there is not much time to waste!

Within the start of this year I have gotten much more heavily into anime, and been trying to closely follow series during their seasons runs; winter I failed at, but spring was a improvement. Perhaps after watching various series, posts and such I have gotten a better grasp on it all. So this season I am being oddly and perhaps overly ambitious with my selections.

Before I tried to keep my selections limited, and even ended up dropping a few series a few episodes in. However when going though the list of all the upcoming animes for the season I found myself drawn to quite a few titles, after complaining my list I was actually shocked to see the count tallied up to seventeen.

Admittedly it is rather excessive, or rather extremely. That fact becomes very apparent when I remind myself that I have Camp NaNoWriMo  starting in less than two days on top of everything else. And with a word-count goal of sixty-thousand and a strong possibility of finishing my last first draft of my first novel...yeah, it really is crazy.

But that alone means more blog posts!

Back to anime. For some reason it seems like summer's season falls more in-line with my tastes and the fact that so many titles have caught my eye is a great thing as it is more series to watch and hopefully love. Really am hoping I do not end up dropping any series!

Here is a quick run-down of the series I am planning on following this season and will be reviewing here. I might do bi-weekly reviews for each series re-caping two episodes due to the shear mass of series, or weekly- let me know your thoughts.



  • Idolmaster's Cinderella Girls
  • Akagami no Shirayuki-hime/ Snow White with the Red Hair
  • Charlotte
  • Classroom Crisis
  • Danchigai
  • Gakkou Gurashi
  • Himouto! Umaru-chan
  • Joukamachi no Dandelion 
  • Prison School
  • Million Doll
  • Non Non Biyori
  • Ranpo Kitani 
  • Rokka no Yusha
  • Sore ga Seiyuu
  • Venus Project
  • Wakaba Girl
Some series are a little more out of my, for lack of a better term, comfort zone. But sometimes you have to branch out to expand pallets.

Even though I am excited for all the series, I have to admit that Snow White with the Red Hair, Joukamachi no Dandelion, Million Doll and Sore ga Seiynn are very much so the ones I am the most excited for. And seeing as three out of the four have been picked up by Funimation, and I cannot see myself waiting for them to arrive on Hulu, I probably will be getting a membership to stream them quickly.

Even though we have 'technically' been in summer for a while now it is only starting to really get into the swing of things.


0 comments:

Post a Comment