Authoress' Fall Anime Selections and Early Impressions and Thoughts

Saturday, September 19, 2015
Outside of writer's block there is nothing worse than finals in fiction.

After a season full of such diverse series led characters that you have come to love- or love to hate- seeing the last page play out is bitter sweet.




From my stand-point, the summer anime season was a grand one and has resulted in some fantastic series that I already know I will miss as soon as the credits roll for one last time.




Over the next week into the following I will be doing full reviews on the series I did end up following all the way until the end, talking about the highs and lows and everything and anything else.

Seeing as the summer season is at the very end, it was only proper that I finally get around to posting my list for the upcoming fall season. Unlike the previous season, there was not a lot of series I found myself quickly drawn to. And with so many series this round acting as additions to already standing series I have not watched there was a more limited pool.  Needless to say I have a notably shorted list of series that I will aim to review in some cohesive manor.

(All images and summaries are from myanimelist.)

High School Star Musical- The story involves a group of high school students at Ayana Academy, a school with music as its main focus. A trio of students are called Hanasakura-kai, designating the most talented from the music department. To get in, individuals must enter through a Star Frame class.

The series tells the story of Yuuta Hoshiya, Tooru Nayuki, Kaito Tsukikage, Shou Tengeiji, and Shuu Kuga as they aim for a position in the musical department after being spotted by Ootori, one of the Hanasakura-kai members.

So I may, or may not have a thing for idols (as well as magical girls)...more so male ones as I am very much so guilty of loving another male-centric idol series, Uta no Prince Sama. Being similar of said series made this one stand out in my mind as did the title as it as somewhat of a throw-back to when High School Musical was a major hit.

There are quite a few ways High School Star Musical can go so I am interested in the direction it takes. If nothing else I hope that this is a light-heated series of the season as so many titles in the line-up are of a different aura.

--

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk- The Academy City on the water, Rikka (otherwise known as Asterisk) is the world's largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment, "Star Wars Festival." The young boys and girls of the "Starpulse Generation" belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy—Amagiri Ayato is one of them.

Ayato arrived at Rikka at the invitation of the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy, Claudia, and right after that he incurred the wrath of the "Petalblaze Witch" Julis, and ended up having to duel her.

The greatest academy battle entertainment, begins here!
One of the things I have taken note to is that ever since I started watching simulcast anime every season I pick up at least one title related to Aniplex. And they have turned out some interesting series, granted not every title I have enjoyed greatly, but they mix things up.

I am always a fan of series with the large and expansive casts and from the sounds of the summary it seems that this will have a rather larger group of characters that more likely than not lead to some drama and challenges.

--


Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umateir-  Shoutarou Tatewaki, a high schooler living in Asahikawa City, Hokkaido, meets Sakurako Kujou, a bone-loving ojou-san who has an ability to analyze specimen. Because of meeting her, he has to accompany her to various cases.
Normally I am not a massive fan of the mystery genera (probably explains why I have yet to write anything of the likes), but when I seen trailers of this series that held it up against the localized version of the American series known as Bones I found myself excited. Not because I am a fan of Bones, I have only seen a few episodes, but rather that it is more along the lines of series in the same genera I am familiar with given a new spin on things. (There is only so much NCIS I can stand!)

--



Concrete Revolution- The stage is set in "another Japan" as a banquet of diverse superhumans unfolds...
In an imaginary "age of gods" about 20 years after the war, Japan has grown and developed by leaps and bounds. What if all the superhumans ever written about in fictional stories existed at the same time? Superhumans who came into existence through different circumstances, and who are special in different ways—Titans from outer space, lifeforms from a mystical world, phantoms and goblins from ancient times, cyborgs created by scientists, relics that rose out of the ruins of ancient civilizations, and the list goes on. One segment of these superhumans makes no secret of their existence and has gained popularity in society. Others cloak their identities and fight in secrecy.
There are enemies of superhumans as well, organizations that operate in the shadows.
The Japanese government has taken many measures to secure peace and order.
One is the establishment of an organization under the Ministry of Health and Welfare—the Overpopulation Research Laboratory, a.k.a. the Superhuman Bureau.
Their mission is to identify and approach superhumans, then oversee and safeguard them. One member of the Superhuman Bureau, Jirou Hitoyoshi, is protagonist of this series.

Concert was the first series that ended up high on my list for the season. By no means am I massive in the department of superheros, but I can get myself into it with easy.  Right off the bat the summary reminded me of a episode of Darkwing Duck when Darkwing found himself in the middle of a planet full of superheroes with powers that needed someone to be the one they had to save regularly. That fact alone got me excited and coming off watching Castle Town Dandelion and Charlotte that dealt with the idea of powers sets things up for a great shift.

By far this is a much shorter list from what I both presented back at the start of summer and what I ended up watching. There is, like always, a chance I might pick others up if I hear things that sound promising.

With NaNoWriMo starting off in November I wanted to keep things light as it is important to progress with my original fiction so I can actually move forward into publishing. Outside of the anime titles I will be blogging reviews of Ladybug once she comes State-side along with what else might come to mind or if someone tosses ideas my way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment